Government of Uzbekistan has requested the EBRD to provide technical assistance to support the design and development of a modem investor-friendly PPP regime in the country to address various concerns related to the Uzbekistan’s regime for PPP projects. In this regard, the Bank intend to implement a four-phase technical cooperation project.
The Bank contracted Aspiro with prior experience in policy dialogue activities and outreach events to assist with the implementation of the initial phase of the Project, i.e. the workshop titled “Public-Private Partnerships: Promoting International Standards and Best Practice in Uzbekistan” (the “Workshop”). Main objectives of the Workshop was to: (i) promote PPP international standards and best practice in Uzbekistan; (ii) share the experience of upgrading national PPP frameworks and lessons learnt in the region; (iii) develop the understanding of issues investors of PPP projects face and their expectations; and (iv) lay the foundations for developing a modern PPP framework through the implementation of the Project’s follow-on phases.
Description of actual services provided by the staff within the assignment:
- Preparation of Workshop materials (presentations and other hand-outs)
- Ensuring visibility of the Event coordinating local and international media coverage of the Workshop (newspapers, social networks), including the preparation of draft publications
- Ensuring visibility of the EBRD via designing and delivering marketing materials
- Supporting international experts for their logistics arrangements
- Ensuring smooth realization of the event by taking care of logistical arrangements (venue, technical equipment, simultaneous translation, catering etc.)
- Preparing reports on the results of the event
“Aspiro, with a very short-notice, has taken over all arrangements and played a very crucial role in achieving results of our international workshop. Dealing with several complexities with different stakeholders, Aspiro managed all processes without a delay and with a great success. I personally admired Aspiro’s responsiveness, professional approach, their attention to detail, thinking ahead of us, mobilizing local suppliers and working very efficiently even under the time pressure to deliver best results. I strongly recommend Aspiro’s involvement for the future projects.”
Alexei Zverev, Senior Counsel – European Bank for Reconstruction and Development