The EBRD has provided a sovereign-guaranteed loan of EUR 10 million to Trafiku Urban, the urban transport company in Pristina, to modernise its bus fleet through the purchase of 51 new low-entry diesel Euro VI standard compliant buses. The project includes the refurbishment of the existing bus maintenance depot. The project is expected to improve the current condition of the company’s outdated bus fleet resulting in significant improvement of its operating and environmental performance, as well as improved safety standards. AF-Cityplan was requested to propose its services in PIU and procurement support. AF-Cityplan has requested Aspiro to provide its procurement expertise under EBRD PP&R as a sub-consultant.
Description of actual services provided by the staff within the assignment:
- We ensured initial project setup, support in the process of preparation of the inception report and procurement process according to EBRD PP&R
- We prepared the project implementation plan, ensuring the risks were properly identified and the procurement process set up in the initial PIP has been obeyed and the deadlines are met
- We prepared a brief market analysis identifying possible tenderers and validating the cost estimates and solutions to be tendered
- We prepared the tender documents including technical specifications, qualification and evaluation approach
- We managed and monitored whole procurement process, advised on communication with tenderers via preparation of RFCs
- We support the client in tender evaluation, preparation of tender evaluation report and contract award.
“Aspiro supported us with their long-term experience in technical cooperation assignments. They helped us structure our bid and the team of experts to meet the Bank’s requirements and outbid other competitors. They have led the negotiating with the Project Implementation Unit as well as with the local partner. The procurement process was well managed thanks to them. Aspiro also assisted us with the contract management including resolving financing and invoicing issues during the project. This was the first project that we have done in Kosovo, no small thanks to Aspiro, we avoided several pitfalls and completed it satisfactorily. Aspiro was good value for money in getting to know how to work in the system and manage projects in Kosovo.”
Ivo Simek, CEO and Managing Director, AF-CITYPLAN