Narrative description of the supervised Project:
The EBRD lent a €38.5 million loan to Izmir Metropolitan Municipality as part of a €117 million lending package co-financed by other IFIs and a commercial bank. The proceeds were used for the acquisition of 85 light rail train vehicles at a total cost of €157 million, of which however €70 million EUR was saved in the end. The procurement of the new light rail train vehicles are part of the extension of the City’s urban rail network to meet the increasing demand and will help provide frequent and efficient services to the citizens that is a fast, reliable, comfortable, and environment-friendly alternative solution to the use of private vehicles. Aspiro was selected to assist the EBRD and its Client in the procurement process.
Description of actual services provided by the staff within the assignment:
- We consolidated the technical specifications and advised on the procurement strategy
- Market survey to validate cost estimates and the solution to be tendered
- Alignment of all the bank syndicate members around the procurement strategy and tendering
- Supporting the client during the entire procurement process, starting with preparation of tender documents, including qualification and evaluation approach up to tender evaluation and contract award
- 2 competitive tenders have been submitted, the tender winner signed the contract for almost 80 mil. EUR less the initial procurement budget estimate. The whole process was finished on time from the original plan and without any complaint.
“Company’s strong dedication and commitment provided firm contribution to timely completion of the tender process. Company has been diligent and responsive. Aspiro mobilised itself very quickly and met with very strict deadlines of the City. Company’s involvement is recommended for the future projects.”
Fatih Turkmenoglu, Principal Banker,
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development