Narrative description of the supervised Project:
ESET, spol. s r.o. is one of the global leaders in the antivirus software market. The Bratislava-based company, with its offices Czech Rep., Poland, Romania, UK, Mexico, USA, Argentina, Singapore and Australia it is represented in more than 180 countries around the world. ESET has been one of the fastest growing technology companies in the EMEA region according to Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
To run its global sales and marketing activities ESET relies on global network of distribution partners around the world. In Japan, ESET closely works with its long-term distribution partner Canon IT Solutions that represents ESET in Japanese market. In order to strengthen ESET footprint on this market and provide full vendor backing to its distribution partner, ESET decided with its distribution partner Canon IT Solutions to open a joint office, and mutually work on further growth of ESET presence in the country. For this purpose, a dedicated legal entity was created, and a rollout plan of business activities was prepared.
Aspiro was asked to help to shape the cooperation model between ESET and its Japanese distribution partner and oversee the contractual / legal preparation for the office establishment working closely with internal ESET team and legal councils in Slovakia and Japan. The joint venture / local entity was successfully established in September,2018.
Description of actual services provided by the staff within the assignment:
During the engagement Aspiro supported ESET with the following activities:
- Defined target business functions of the joint venture and cooperation model between ESET and its distribution partner
- Provided a support to ESET top management during the negotiation process (head of terms)
- Prepared the financing scheme and oversaw the contractual implications towards the existing distribution contract
- Provided budget estimate and activity plan of critical business areas to address
- Help the client team to draft statutory and business terms for the to-be created joint venture in Japan
- Provided support in negotiation of the statutory / business terms (shareholder agreement)
- Together with the client team oversaw the preparation of all legal documents, as a three-party transaction (ESET, Japanese partner, newly created legal entity)