Aspiro prepared a mid-term E+ strategy, reflecting the VSE/innogy current business needs, market trends and local specifics. Designed strategy was accepted within VSE / innogy and implementation steps were launched.
With expected flat growth of commodity business in Slovakia, the utilities increasingly shift their attention towards the non-commodity propositions for their clients as well as non-clients. Taking into account this market trend as well as internal VSE / innogy needs, VSE / innogy was reconsidering its position in non-commodity business and the overall approach towards this segment, aiming to develop mid-term business strategy reflecting:
• specifics of VSE / innogy situation
• adoption of new trends as well as local market specifics
• individual ideas already developed within VSE / innogy and lessons already learned
• ability to execute and blend with the organization
VSE / innogy asked Aspiro to advise on such strategy and deliver the outcomes based on which detailing and implementation projects could be launched.
Through series of management workshops Aspiro build up the custom-made E+ strategy for E+, crafted and validated the concept with top management as well as selected channels, and tested the new concepts on customer samples.
Throughout the E+ strategy project Aspiro performed the following:
• Mapped household / energy trends applied to SVK specifics and their implications for VSE / innogy
• Prepared the overarching household development concept capturing the customer motivation & needs
• Designed the strategy to exploit digital trends as well as incumbent sales channels
• Provided the customer proposition for newly defined segments
• Prepared business case comprising financial outlook and implementation costs
• Proposed new business lines in non-commodity segment
The project was successfully delivered, and the project outcomes form the basis for implementation steps that have already started
We were very satisfied with ASPIRO’s consulting support for creating the E+ (non-commodity) business strategy for our company. We appreciate their additional value in linking the strategy to our business needs reflecting our current activities and already built-up channels.
Several rounds of workshops helped us to dive into the topic and worked on strategy that is tailored to VSE / innogy needs. Designed strategy serves as a backbone for next implementation steps already being launched. Overall, Aspiro did a professional job covering the expertise in business domains and in jointly developing the business strategy.
Managing Director at innogy Slovensko, Member of the Board of Directors
Východoslovenská energetika a.s.
About the client:
VSE is a member of the VSE Holding, a.s., which belongs to the innogy group, providing electricity and gas services to customers in 11 European countries. As a utility provider, VSE is serving over 500 000 customers across Slovakia with incumbent position in east Slovakia. In addition to offering commodity products (electricity and gas), the company also provides customers with innovative solutions focusing on area of household efficiency, comfort and security, via providing so-called non-commodity products.